The Executive Committee of the Market Information Organization of the Americas (MIOA) met in Washington, DC, USA on June 17-19th, 2015. The entire Executive Committee was in attendance as listed below.
- Southern region – Andrea Dansa, Argentina
- Andean region – Victor Buchelli, Ecuador
- Caribbean region – Vincent LaCobierre, St. Lucia
- Central region – Enid Cuellar, Honduras, serving as Vice Chair
- Northern region – Terry Long, USA, serving as Chair
- Technical Secretariat – James French, Frank Lam, IICA
- Host country – Philius Ridieler, Haiti
- International relations advisor – Wendell Dennis, FAS, USDA
The Executive Committee meeting was kicked off with remarks from Deputy Administrator Jocelyn Brown, Foreign Agricultural Service (FAS), Dr. Miguel Garcia Winder, Washington Representative, Interamerican Institute for Cooperation on Agriculture (IICA), and Deputy Administrator Charles Parrott, Fruit and Vegetable Program, Agricultural Marketing Service, (AMS). The agenda included discussion of current and future technical projects, mostly focused on capacity building at the institutional level, review of the criteria for hiring professional support, and the status of funds. A significant part of the time at the meeting was spent on strategic planning and setting future direction for MIOA going forward.
The next Executive Committee meeting will be the day before the Regular meeting of MIOA, which includes all of the member countries as well as interested observers. The Regular and Executive Committee meetings will be held in Haiti in the week of September 21st, 2015.
The Regular Meeting Agenda Committee will meet soon to finalize the particulars of the Haiti meeting, with more information to be provided shortly.