Name of the Institution
Production and Agro-environmental Observatory (OAP).
Technical body whose operation and functions are overseen by the Ministry of Rural Development and Land.
Role of the Institution
Article 43 of Law No. 144 of the Productive, Communal, and Agricultural Revolution of June 26, 2011 states that the Ministry of Rural Development and Land shall establish the Production and Agro-environmental Observatory to serve as the technical body responsible for monitoring and managing agricultural information in order to guarantee food sovereignty, and that the observatory shall work in coordination with the National Statistical Institute (INE).
Objectives of the institution as to its information
Operational structure of the information area
The Production and Agro-environmental Observatory (OAP) is a technical body whose operation and functions are overseen by the Ministry of Rural Development and Land. Its operational structure includes the following areas:
- Domestic and Foreign Agricultural Trade and Price Information.
- Analysis of and Applied Research on Food Security Performance Indicators for the Agricultural Sector.
- Information Technology and Technology Support for Agricultural Information Systems.
Specific activities that they carry out
- Generating and monitoring information on domestic and international prices.
- Conducting analyses of and applied research on food security performance indicators for the agricultural sector.
- Managing the database of national agricultural geostatistics.
Agriculture web portal of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land:
- Newsletters on domestic prices (in the capital cities and at borders) and international prices (for commodities).
- Production costs by department.
- Agricultural production: agriculture, livestock and production areas.
- Newsletters on agroclimatology.
- Sector regulations.
Customer Service Center
Office of the Ministry of Rural Development and Land
Address: Camacho Ave., between Loayza St. and Bueno St., Office Nº 1471
Tel.: (591-2) 2200919 – 2200885 – 2111103
Fax office: (591-2) 2111067
Fax management: (591-2) 2129750
Lic.Melisa Abalos Choque